Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Slowly but surely I'm working on my wall color project. My friend Deirdre used to do paint finishes for a living, so I called her up and she gave me a lot of good advice. Like to go buy a bunch of acrylic craft paints and play with some sample boards before buying any more wall paint. Trying colors at forty four cents a bottle sure beats four to ten dollars for those little sample sizes or, if they didn't have the paint I wanted in a sample size, a full quart.

I painted sample colors a few nights ago and then the next night I tried different "over" colors in a paint glaze mixture.

Today I spent most of the afternoon collecting paint sample cards, trying to find similar colors. When I brought them home, again they looked completely different, although with my experience with the green paints, I got closer to what I expected on the first try. Eventually I found something as close to my favorite color sample as I could get and bought a couple quarts in different shades and some glaze.

My sample wall now has even more colors on it. I have to wait for it to dry before I can tell how dark the new colors will be. I also need to see how it looks tonight by lamplight. So many steps to this project - and I'm only just in the planning stage!!!

While we wait for the paint to dry, you can go read about the treasure hunting I did this morning over on Beach Treasure.

No comments: