Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hold onto your brain, I'm about to take you through a roller coaster of mixed metaphors -

IMG_5984

Do you ever feel like you're just going around in circles? Dashing from one project to another, always playing catch up, forever dropping the ball, never ahead of the game?

Me too.

Sorry, don't mean to be a Debbie Downer today. I woke up feeling the adrenalin rush of the "last minute" but raring to jump in and tackle the world. Then Stressed Spouse and Surly Seventeen-Year-Old woke up and started hacking away at my mood. ***POP*** There went my energy bubble.

But it really IS the last minute - lots of deadlines looming larger, larger, larger and I don't have the luxury of staying down. Good thing I'm hardwired to be optimistic. I'm finishing up this quick pop in and then I'm gonna eat some breakfast, gulp some more caffeine, add some medicinal dark chocolate to my day, and get back up on that horse, focus on the silver lining, take it a step at a time, slap on a smile, pick myself up, dust myself off, and.... well, y'kow. All that optimistic shit.

I have finished sorting out unsorted supplies in the studio. Still have to wrestle it all out to new storage in the garage. Garage is still a mess, so that's going to be a challenge. I think that particular bit is my biggest stress. Once I get that tackled, I suspect I won't feel half as overwhelmed.

So, that said, off I go. *Laume adjusts her shoulder pads, pops her mouth guard in, pulls her helmet on determinedly and, without looking back, heads off to tackle her life*


No comments: