Sunday, May 20, 2007

"... I think this line's mostly filler" - Can you name the source of this song line!?

This post is mostly filler. The day has been eaten up by phone calls and family so I have nothing new to report on my wall color project yet. Just this photo I took the other day, for your viewing enjoyment.

I like shadows. And I've always had a special fondness for this particular type of metal fence. I think of them as "grandmother fences" although I don't know why since as far as I can recall, neither of my grandmothers had a fence like this. Maybe it's more accurate to say I think of them as "old lady fences" probably because they are usually only found around the yards of small old homes well maintained by some gray haired person. Isn't it funny how we build up a sense of identity for something without any intention or plan at all. It just builds itself.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Willow sings it in "Once More With Feeling." I forget the name of the song, but it's the big group sing as they head off to meet the bad guy..."I will walk through the fire, 'cause where else can I turn..."

I like the photo!

Laume said...

You nailed it. The name of the song is Walk Through the Fire. I think I need to go listen to it now.