Thursday, August 23, 2007

I had one of those "lightbulb over the head" moments this morning for a simple, fun, crafty idea. But alas, it will have to wait. When I have the time, or rather, when I'm wasting time, sometimes I can't think of anything I want to do, or I don't feel like doing any one project in particular. Now I have an idea I feel like jumping right into, I don't have the time to do it. Maybe it's a passive agressive trick I play on myself. Only feeling inspired when I know there's no way to follow through. Sigh.

But my wrist feels better today (although it's moved up my arm and my shoulder is stiff) and I have to get some of the mess tackled before something else comes up. So instead I'll just share a couple of recent photos.

Hubby and I have a weekly date at the local tea room. We've been sitting outside on the shady front porch all summer, where they've squeezed in a couple of tables. Yesterday, on a whim, I took a photo of one of the old paned windows and I was really happy with the way it came out, sharply focused but "photo shopped" by the glass itself . You really have to double click on it to see the beautiful detail.

I also took this photo yesterday, of the grandfather old birch tree in the front lawn of the tea room. I was simply taking a close up of the bark but when I uploaded it I saw this tree face staring out at me. He looks rather annoyed, or perhaps startled, that he's getting his picture taken. (Now that I've looked at the photo for awhile, I see one could pick out a number of faces. The one that I'm sharing is in the dark center, facing left.)

And wait! Go back and look at the glass photo, there are faces there too! Wow! Cool! It was just a breezy, green summer day, and I was thinking lazy summer thoughts, but autumny, spooky themes are popping up all over the place now.



No comments: