Saturday, March 11, 2006

Since I'm still in San Diego, I'm still photo free, but I've managed to get a few things done. Spent most of yesterday sitting at the Navy Hospital waiting for Joe to be poked, prodded, X-rayed, and interviewed all over again by the doctors who will oversea... haha, Navy, oversea.... I mean oversee the rest of his recuperation. So, while he did that, I sat in the waiting room and finished my novel. And then I finished the second section of my poncho. Yah! I would have had time to start a new one, I had the yarn with me, but I decided to make some scarves instead of more ponchos with the rest of the yarn and I didn't have the right size needles for a different project.

I was going to surprise all the "girls" in the family with these ponchos, but my bubble was burst when my mom said she wouldn't wear something like that. So I came clean with my DIL and asked Lisa if she'd like one. She said, yeah, she'd wear one. So, I'll finish up the two I made, one for me, one for her, and then I'll switch to boring scarves with the other colors. Don't want to take a chance of making something no one wants to wear. I'm gonna put all sorts of danglies and sparklies on mine, make it up really unique. I'm excited about it - hope it comes out the way I'm envisioning it in my head.

The last day of my visit here with my son and DIL, Lisa and I are going to do some quilting perhaps and then later go to a big quilt shop. What had been planned as our vacation turned into a helping visit, but today everything is done that can be done for now and so we can relax and enjoy a bit. There's an art quilt show in La Jolla, but I doubt I can talk her into that. She's still only interested in traditional quilting. Which is just fine. I like traditional quilting too. And how can I complain when I have a DIL who shares the quilting addiction. But don't worry, I'm working on her. Slow and steady. Someday she too will be corrupted. Mwahahahahaha.

No comments: