Saturday, April 15, 2006

I don't think I've shared any pictures yet of Garret's quilt, have I? I didn't want to spoil the surprise. Since my #2 grandson didn't come into our lives until he was about five months old, he didn't get a quilt at birth like Joshua did, or like the soon to arrive Anastacia. So I made this slightly larger quilt for him for his birthday this month. Unfortunately my machine wouldn't cooperate and now I doubt I'll be able to finish it until after I come back from traveling in May. But I did bring it down to show my daughter and she said "The colors are sooo Garret." I was really pleased because I had the same reaction after I laid out the blocks and first saw it "together" - it just seemed to express his happy, mellow personality.

It's all layered and pinned and ready to be sewn or maybe even tied. The photo below shows the cute "animals driving cars" print I used for the backing. Again, Fred was helping with the display, sort of a feline Vanna.

No comments: