Friday, March 07, 2008

I think I need to make an orange and black quilt.

Rose "tears". This would make a good quilt pattern too.

Moving from quilt patterns found on the streets - Lisa and I both took photos of these bathroom walls. There were blocks of wall in assorted colors and the words were in black and shimmery gold paint.

This gives you a glimpse of the reflective quality of the gold paint.

Some sections had full quotes, others had bits and pieces of lines, some just had swirls and curlicues.

I liked this whole quote below.

I was going to paint my hallway the base gold that I used in my living room. Now I'm tempted to do wall art like this in the hall instead. Why have a boring hallway? What else is it good for? Except getting from Point A to Point B of course. But this would make it more interesting along the way.

1 comment:

Toni Curtis said...

This is absolutely beautiful. The verse is very touching. I say go for it, and please post your work when you finish. Toni