Friday, March 14, 2008


My mom was kind enough to send me this beautiful "Parisian" clock. I really like it but I can't get it to work. First I tried a bunch of batteries and couldn't get it to do anything. Finally I managed to get the pendulum going. It swings back and forth with a with a pretty "tick tock" sound. Unfortunately the hands still don't move. I finally got tired of messing with it and it's up on the wall tick tocking along without telling time. I'll work on it again later - maybe if I tighten or loosen some part of the hands I might get it working.

I couldn't pass up the chance to go to Rosie's Calico Cupboard while I was down in the San Diego area. It's a quilt store that fills an entire strip mall and has lots and lots of high quality quilting fabrics at fantastic prices. I enjoyed the visual extravaganza but very wisely kept my ample stash in mind and left with a very moderate purchase - two small pieces to surprise my daughter-in-law for a project she's working on and these pieces from a new line called Bohemian Brights. I loved all the colorways and prints but settled for these three. If you'd like to see the full line, you can see them here at equilter.com, then click on Designer Collections and then on Bohemian Brights.

No comments: