Saturday, March 01, 2008

I've been meme'ed by Chris of Prism Trail!. Thank goodness. I needed something to do here in the studio, since I'm not actually doing anything with paint or fabric or pen.

First, here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Chris raised the bar a bit by saying she was sure that her tagged people, including moi, would have fun and intriguing lists. Or something like that. Surrrrre, make it more difficult!

Since this is supposed to be my artsy blog, I think I'll twist things a bit and make the random things all artsy related.

1. I have a hard time appreciating abstract painting (not always, but typically), but I find I'm often emotionally drawn to abstract textile art.

2. I used to dislike purple in anything but garden flowers (purple and orange combinations are really fantastic!) until I tried to expand my quilting palette - now I have a newfound appreciation of everything on the color wheel between red and blue.

3. I'm not a card carrying member of any traditional religion but I'm fascinated by religious art and icons.

4. I spent my childhood being told over and over again that I was a talented artist. My reaction to all that encouragement? I completely stopped doing any drawing or painting for about five years. Don't know how unimportant this particular fact is - now that I think about it - what would have happened in an alternative scenario, hmmm?

5. I ....... okay, making it art related is too hard. When I was younger I thought fuzzy dogs with floppy ears were much prettier than short haired dogs with erect ears. Now I think just the opposite.

6. I dislike almost any sort of white noise when I'm sleeping - except the surf, rain, or wind. This one doesn't seem unimportant either, especially when I find it hard to sleep in a hotel room with a/c, fan, or heater blowing. ARGH.

Okay, I don't know how fascinating any of that was, much less intriguing. For intriguing, I suggest you rent yourself a copy of Charade. I love that movie. Just watched it a few nights ago. Who do you think is the Cary Grant of this era, hmmm? George Clooney maybe? What about the modern day Audrey Hepburn? Elegant but quirky. I don't know if there is a contemporary equivalent. Maybe Audrey Tautou? I'm thinking of her in her role as Amelie Poulain, but I loved her in The Da Vinci Code as well.

I've given up on tagging folks. I just never know who wants to play and who doesn't. So, I'm just gonna tag you'all. Anyone who wants to play, let me know and I'll add a link letting folks know how to find you.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Laume, this is cool! I loved reading this list!
I agree with you on the religious icons and images, I am drawn to those. and I've begun appreciating so many more colors and even patterns I thought I didn't like much, since I started arting.

I didn't used to like it that some dogs had curly tails that stand up instead of bushy tails that drop down, but now that I have my chihuahua mix, it's a whole different story!

Thank you for making this list, and tagging everyone is clearly the way to go!

Chris said...

By the way, I do think Clooney is the new Cary, but as for Audrey...? Can she have a parallel? Maybe Paltrow? Not physically, but just in terms of the unassuming friendliness of her. Oh, and sometimes physically because she's thin and tall and bird-like?

I love Charade, too. I must remember to buy that baby.

Brittany said...

I love reading about other people! I agree totally with the abstract painting thing. I just don't get it I guess.

:)Brittany