Monday, June 05, 2006

This little statue was on a tomb in.... uhm, I think the big cathedral in Bath. Or was it just a church and not a cathedral? I can't remember what the difference was. And if it was a cathedral, then saying it was a big cathedral is redundant. I mean, are there any cathedrals that are not big?

Anyhoo, wherever she was, I liked her. She looks like she's sitting there, for eternity, thinking:

"What a life. I'm only six years old, max, so I never get to grow up. I'll never get to grow out of the children's department at Penney's. I'll never have margaritas with a bunch of college buddies. I'll never get laid. I'll never be able to... oh wait, I'm made out of stone. So, what does it matter. I'll just sit here in this dark corner of... I don't even know where I am, watching over some stupid dead guy for the rest of my life. I guess it could be worse. I'm not outside where pigeons can crap on me. Oh great. Another stupid tourist is pulling out a camera. No, I'm NOT gonna smile. Go play with the pigeons."

No comments: