Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm still participating in Shades of Inspiration as often as I can. I usually manage to contribute photos through most of the week, get a bit behind by the weekend, and re-inspired again when a new color theme starts each Monday. This week the color theme was "red and white". At first I thought I didn't really have many good photos to share since I'd used up some of my favorites in the original challenge called "I Saw Red". But I've risen to the occasion. Check out both my photos and the fun photos of other contributors. My favorite of the five I shared today is this one below:







Tonight I was struck with an idea that came to me out of nowhere. Or at least, that's the way it seemed. I'm sure it was really the faeries whispering in my ear that put the idea in my head. I decided to go to the online version of Brian Froud's Faeries' Oracle and ask it a question about the direction I was heading creatively.

I fiddled around writing and rewriting my question in the online question box, trying to get it just right, until I heard the faeries say "Enough already, just get on with it!" and so I clicked and here's the reading I received.

Past - Losgunna
Present - A Collective of Pixies
Future - Ilbe the Retriever

I actually own The Faeries' Oracle cards but I haven't looked at them in a long while. I've learned a few of the cards' meanings but these particular three aren't ones that I've studied or meditated on. Still, I got an immediate (and accurate) sense of the answer that was confirmed when I pulled out the accompanying guide book and read about the meaning of each card.

I know that that list above doesn't mean a thing to any of you (unless you just happen to have this card set yourself!) but the point is, the card responses couldn't have been more spot on to my question. The Past card is eerily accurate. The Present card addresses exactly the problems I've been chewing on lately, and gets down to the nitty gritty of how to deal with them (answer: cheerfully). And the Future card suggests that the reward for putting one foot in front of another is that it will rekindle my dreams and help me to confidently rediscover and manifest them.

As far as readings go, this one's not toooooo shabby.

Do you have a question to ask the faeries? Go ahead, don't be shy. See what they have to say to you.

No comments: