Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My mom, Barb, doesn't have a blog so she sent me some photos of the Magical Yule Swap package she received so I could put them up here. Her box was from Sarah.

She received this wondrous Winter Queen doll. Isn't she marvelous!? My mom was over the moon in love with her. In fact the conversation on the phone went something like this:

"Oh, you'll never believe what I got in my box! She's perfect! And she's mine. Not yours! Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!" LOLOL!


She's hand sewn and hand painted. Here's a close up of her face. I love the fur scarf and her sparkly crown and the serene, cold look on her face. It's exactly the sort of expression you'd expect a winter queen to wear, don't you think?


Here's her middle. She'd clutching a tiny hand painted painting.


Here's the painting. Looks like she's friends with the head jolly ol' elf himself. Perhaps she's just coming from a portrait sitting of him? Do you think he commissioned a painting of the Missus as well?


And her feet. I love her painted shoes. Is that green paint sparkling? Or is it just catching the flash? I bet she's even more lovely in person. It's been a few years since I've been to see my mom in Colorado. Perhaps next summer. I'm sure she'll still have her out on display. No, really. My mom has her St. Nicholas dolls out all year round.


Lastly, she also received these gold painted floating candles which my mom waxed (oooh, pun!) on about for awhile, remembering candles such as these her mother had when she was a child.

If you click on the links in the sidebar of the rest of the participants, I think everyone has posted a photo of all of the projects, both made and received. Make sure to check them out as all the creations were so fantastic. I can hardly wait to do it all again next year!

No comments: