Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Despite rain, sleet, hail, and snow, I finally finished my Magical Yule Swap! Yay me!

What? You say the weather has been quite pleasant and sunny in the northern Sierras lately? Uhm. Well. Look! Look at the photo! See! There IS snow!

Okay, so that's not real snow but a wee peek at my creation.

Here's what it really looked like outside. I mean, similar to this. No? Okay, so this is another peek.

I'm really happy with the way it came out. It's a little.... er.... homemade crooked looking, but I sort of wish I could keep it for myself so it must be at least a little bit cute.

I do have excuses for coming in at the tail end of everyone for completing my project however. But they're whiny and involve a teenager and driving around looking for said teen and ridiculous arguments that go round and round in circles and .... I'll save you the angst. It's bad enough I have to deal with it (and this is the last of five teens in the family. You'd really think he would have figured out that some of this crap isn't gonna fly) without making you all suffer along with me.

So, moving on. My project is done. I won't box it up until tomorrow so I can take some photos in better light. But I'll have it in the mail tomorrow. And happily, I'm the black sheep in an otherwise amazingly on time flock of friends - gawd, I love you swappers! Everyone has checked in and are ready to go postal. Uhm, I mean are ready to go to the post office.

I wrote everyone down, cut you all out, and pulled you out of a hat. Here is our little circle. You'll send deosil.

For those of you who don't know what that means, it means clockwise. It also means to go "in the direction of the sun", which I thought was very appropriate as we're going towards Yule. I also thought it was neat that our little group ended up having six sides, just like a wintery snowflake!

So, go check your mailboxes. I'm off to send addresses.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you, Laume!

Sarah said...

Hi Laume!
Can't wait to see your creation! Looks intriguing. Hope Barb likes mine. (Is Barb your Mum?-I seem to remember reading in a previous post-I may be wrong though) I looked up the address on Google Maps today-it looks like an amazing road! I am so glad my swap is going somewhere so excitingly different to where I live. Hope you sort your teen troubles out! Let me know of any other swaps and Happy Yule!
Sarah :)